Summertime and warm weather instantly make us want to spend time in the backyard. There’s always plenty to do to make the backyard a beautiful and safe area. Taking care of the deck is one of the first tasks to tackle.
Starting with an inspection you can easily make your deck the place to be. Here are a few common deck problems you should look for:
- Deck rot. If you don’t catch rot early enough, it could easily destroy the surface of your deck. Regular inspections can help.
- Deck mildew and mold. Deck mold and mildew Can be an unsightly problem for homeowners. There are many types of cleaning solutions available for decks that eliminate mold and mildew.
- Broken boards. This can be a dangerous problem on your deck. It’s a structural hazard for anyone using the deck. Broken boards can easily be replaced if you have the right tools.
- Clean your deck. Give it a good scrub to start off the season. Start by sweeping the deck and getting rid of any debris that may have built up over the winter. Pressure washing or handwashing will clean your deck well.
- Seal your deck. Getting your deck sealed once a year will keep it in good shape.
- Decorate your deck and invest in comfortable deck furniture. A great backyard also starts with the right lighting. Globe string lights are a very popular touch for any deck.
Start with annual maintenance and then move on to decor. Your deck will be ready in no time. Enjoy beautiful gatherings this summer!